Constable James Robertson and Constable James Stevenson

 

A NATIVE OF GRANGEMOUTH, JAMES ROBERTSON JOINED THE POLICE IN 1950, HAVING PREVIOUSLY SERVED IN THE MERCHANT NAVY.    

HE WAS POSTED TO ā€œDā€ (SOUTHERN) DIVISION.

Constable James Robertson                                        

ON 26 OCTOBER 1951, ALONG WITH A COLLEAGUE  HE BOARDED A FAST-MOVING, STOLEN LORRY,  FORCED IT TO STOP,  AND ARRESTED THE DRIVER. 

ON 6 MAY 1952 THEIR  BRAVERY WAS RECOGNISED BY THE AWARD OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE MEDAL AND LATER THE CORPORATION BRAVERY MEDAL.                                                                                                                                          

HE LATER SERVED IN THE TRAFFIC DEPARTMENT FOR SIX YEARS THEN RETURNED TO ā€œDā€ DIVISION AS A COMMUNITY OFFICER IN CASTLEMILK.     IN 1972 HE RECEIVED THE POLICE EXEMPLARY SERVICE MEDAL AND RETIRED IN SEPTEMBER 1976.