The Anderston Burgh Police 1824
To the west of the City, the Anderston Burgh Police was formed in 1824.
Although it is not known who the first Superintendent of Police was, he was succeeded in 1828 by Superintendent John Wilson. Wilson was succeeded in turn by:
1829 – Superintendent John Graham
1830 – not known
1832 – Superintendent David McKenzie
1836 – Superintendent George Lamb
1837 – Superintendent Alexander Findlater
1840 – Superintendent Archibald Wilson
1840-46 – Superintrendent George McKay
On 27 July, 1846, the Municipal and Police Extension Act amalgamated Anderston Burgh Police with Glasgow Police and it became ‘B’ or Western Division of that force.